Friday, February 13, 2009

How do you spell S-T-R-E-S-S!

It has been another crazy week. We are still in the process of packing everything, my house is not organized, it is boxed. That is a bit difficult for me to handle. I am kinda a clean, organizing freak. I know that is such a surprise to many of you, anyway, I am really stressed out about it not being perfect. Not to mention, people want to show the house at the most inconvenient times. You know dinner time, nap time, husband worked all night and is sleeping still time. I am really struggling with it all.

We were so excited that Blaine was getting this great job in Phoenix, we were going to move and he would finally be making enough money to support our lifestyle. Well, news flash, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is! He has been trying to get a hold of the guy that hired him to plan a start date and definite salary amount and the guy said, "Well, the company is still not doing as great as we had hoped so I am going to have to put you off for a bit longer." Blaine, the forever optimist, says it was meant to be and he will find something soon for sure. I am stress out! This was the whole reason for moving in the first place. I am really afraid that we are going to go from bad to worse. We have a house there, we are selling our house here, but do we have jobs yet??? Of course not. Why not just live spontaneously and moving first find work later? Because we are grown ups. We have a family of 6, bills and other responsibilities.

Now you did not think I was done did you?? Of course not! Kayla has had diarrhea for the past 3 weeks. I thought we had tried everything. I took her in for her monthly RSV shot and found she had only gained 7 ounces this month. (That is half of what she normally gains.) I took her into the doctor and they had me get some stool samples (yuck, even for a nurse). I waited for the results only to find out I had labeled the containers wrong and they were thrown away. UGGG! Went to get more containers, got a second opinion (who told me just try her on milk and soy again, she can not get any worse.) , I promptly got a third opinion. Come to find out one of the little snacky crackers I had bought her were made with whey in them (that is milk by the way). So my precious little daughter was sick for so long because of me! I felt like the worst mother in the world. I read all of the labels but I did not look close enough and missed it on this one thing. My poor baby, she had a sick belly and a red bum because I was in a hurry at the store. I do not think I will ever forgive myself for that. I am just so thankful for the little prompting that I had to recheck the ingredients of everything she was eating. Now that she has not had any of those snacks for 5 days the diarrhea has finally stopped.

Jared, my pain in the butt, has decided that he no longer has asthma so he does not need to take any medicine. Well, he is wrong. He too went to the doctor because he could not figure out why he could not breathe well. Come to find out, he still has asthma! I know shocker, but and 11 year old is always right and you are always wrong. The doctor told him he picked a really dumb time to quit his medicine because our air quality has bee so poor for the past 3 weeks. Fortunately he does not have to do a round of oral steroids this time, but he does have to double his inhaled steroids for 3 weeks to get over this. It really is too bad that my smartest kid has no common sense!

I think that we deserve a break after the stuff we have had to deal with this past week. Blaine is taking a day off for his birthday, the following day I am going to use my spa day that Blaine got me for Christmas. I hope these moments of relaxation will help us to get through the next whatever we need to get through.

1 comment:

zach05kate95 said...

I can totally understand why you're so stressed. I am so sorry you are going through so much with the job , the move,the kids feeling bad, and just plain feeling like things are out of control. Your not a bad mom at all. We all make mistakes as parents but we learn from them and become better because of it. ((Hugs))