Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Honey

I am kinda copying this idea from a friend, but I though it was about time that I talked about how great my husband is. I love him so much, he is my best friend. We knew that we would not be able to celebrate Valentines Day on the day everyone else was celebrating it because I was working and he had to work the night before and the night after. So, we decided to go out on Wednesday night. We went to Tepenyaki (I really am not a good speller by the way). It was so fun to watch they chef cook our food on the table right in front of us. After he was done cooking our food, he flipped shimp into Blaine's mouth. Out of 4 pieces Blaine caught 2. It was so fun. Then we went to a movie and he let me pick it out. We went to "He is Just Not That Into You". It was such a funny movie, we laughed and I cried. It was a really great way to spend the evening. We have not really had a chance to spend time with just each other for a while. We work opposite schedules and share the child raising. It is pretty busy. Getting to spend time with each other alone is so rare, I cherish it. I had the best time just talking and laughing with my best friend.
I fell in love with my best friend after just a short time of dating him. He is usually thinking of everyone else but him. He is constantly telling me to just relax and he will take care of things. he decided to work the night shift after Kayla was born because he knew I really did not want to, and we did not want Kayla to go to daycare. He never even asked me to go to the night shift , he just did it.
He bought me flowers and taped them around the house with cute little notes taped to the flower on Valentines morning. He got home at 3:30 am and I got up at 5 am for work. He even got all of the kids cute little things for Valentines day. I am usually the one that remembers those things, I totally forgot them this year. I did remember to get my honey a card. The funny thing was he got me the exact same card. I guess great minds do really think alike.
He is the best thing that happened to me. He is my perfect partner. He is the best husband and father that I could ever asked for. I know my Heavenly Father had a hand in getting us together. He knew how perfect we would compliment each other. I can not believe that I get to soend eternity with such a special man!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Cute post -- Happy Valentine's Day!!!!