Friday, November 6, 2009

October over....ALREADY???

Well there I am happy to say that we are still alive and mostly well. Josh and Jared have a case of the stomach flu. Jared, of course, is not as quick to recover because of the asthma. He goes in next week for shots. I can not wait for him to have the H1N1 shot and not have to worry about him so much. Cayden and Kayla have escaped the illnesses so far and the hand washing and hand sanitizing have skyrocketed at the Murdock home.
As for the crisis es in our lives, they are still there. Last month Blaine was laid off from his job. We are so fortunate that the nursing industry picks up in the winter and I have been able to pick up tons of overtime. We have not had to struggle with the bills much and that is such a relief. Blaine is starting his own trucking business and has almost everything ready for trucks to start rolling the end of next week. HOORAY! I am thankful that the overtime is here when I need it, but I really miss being at home with the kids. they really are the joy of my life. I am feeling very disconnected from my family now that I work 4-5 12 hour shifts every week. I am also very fortunate that I have not gotten sick! We are saying our prayers that we can continue this path as long as the Lord wants us to, but will be just as thankful when our time is up!
Our family is becoming very close because of the other major crisis in our lives and that is the only thing the is good about it. I can not wait until this one is over!
Halloween was wonderful and the kids had a blast. I did take pictures, but am typing this blog update at work do they are not posted. Sorry! I will get them up this weekend cuz I am off for 2 days in a row! We did get our family pictures done and our amazing photographer aka Andrea Whittle, posted them on her facebook. She is not private, so I am including the link to see our cute and adorable children as of last week.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/album.php?aid=2039061&id=1111500298&ref=mf

I wish everyone a wonderful foist week of November and I will get pictures posted very soon!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

It's all so cute, Emily! I'm really happy for you that there is the extra work, even though I can't feel happy for all the patients! That's the nature of it, huh? We make more money the sicker people are.

The pictures are great - I hope we can get some soon - It would be our first family pictures in 4 years.

Have a wonderful weekend! Love, Melanie

Jen said...

Oh- so sorry to hear you guys are going through a rough time! {{hugs}} You'll have to post the family pics too- I couldnt see them on FB. You guys are in my prayers!!

Steph said...

This is great! I was actually thinking about you guys JUST today, hoping things were looking up! Looks like they are! The pictures are BEAUTIFUL! Can't believe how big and handsome those boys are!

Alisalee said...

Hey there cute blog, wow you are working alot, dont forget to take Emily time!! time sure flys I cant belive its nov already!! sounds like you are very busy. Iam due july 4th with our second so we are pretty excitied, Keep in touch Em.

The Robinsons said...

Blaine is starting his own Company!?! AWESOME! That is a perfect idea. Before you know it, things will slow down. I'm in the thick of my school right now and SO READY for WINTER BREAK! Just have to get through finals! Good luck with your other stuff...