After Jenny picked Trey up, we headed to lunch with Debbie, Becca, and Kelly. Brad showed up to say hi. I then went by the car wash to see Travis before we took Grandma Maggie home and headed to our new home. when we got there, the beds were set up, trucks were unloaded, and boxes strewn all over the house. I was so thankful to see all of that work finished. I have such an amazing husband that had all of this finished for me when I got to our new home! Over the next few days I got the rest of the house unpacked and we got settled in.
In the meantime, Kayla started to crawl! she has been doing the army crawl, but this was real, true crawling! I took these photos while she was crawling to my purse.
She has already figured out that mom's purse has cool stuff in it.
She just could not reach it, she fell onto her stomach, and got mad because she could not reach it. She is such a funny little girl!
Well here are the asked for photos of our new home. It is unpacked and mostly decorated:
The living room and sitting area.
The family room
The Kitchen and dining room
The master bedroom
I am totally loving this house. There are some things that I do not like, but over all. I love it. Is is so roomy and open, the floor plan really works for us. I am so very thankful that we were able to have such a wonder place to live during these trying times in our lives. i know that God has his hand in our journey.
This is Kayla's Easter dress. I was so excited to find it. It was on the clearance rack at Target and it was only $5!! I was thrilled. I was looking for something that did not make my little beauty look like a street corner worker, or was so frilly that you could not find her in the dress. I knew that we would be very short on money this Easter so I could not believe my eyes when I found this perfect dress!
Cayden had his fifth birthday on Sunday. I decided that I would take advantage of having so many family members in the area and invited them all to come over. I invited my aunt Nina in addition to all of my brothers and their families. AnnMarie was in town with her family so they too were able to come. My dad and a couple extra nieces were able to come as well. I was so thrilled that everyone came! We had a total of 26 people at our home! I loved having my family over for the party. I was not even stressed about cleaning it after they left (although John and Andrea did most of the cleaning before they left).
John, Andrea, and Joshua
Blaine, Jordan, Paul, Camille, Natalie, Kayla, Nina
Cayden blowing out his candles.
Over all it has been a very busy past 2 weeks. I am very happy with my family and my home. I am still a bit worried about our job situation. I am sure that Gods hand is in our lives and is watching out for us during this journey. I just hope that we have the strength to endure what we must.
5 comments:
I'm so happy to see you moved in and settled. Your house looks so nice, too. I STILL haven't put anything on the walls. What is wrong with me? Love ya!
I envy you!! I miss Arizona every day. O'well such is Army life.
Your new house looks great! I have to say, you are really missed at work. The day shift is just not the same without you there. I am glad that you are settled, and it looks like things are going well. Don't forget about us here in SLC.
Love your new place! HOpe you guys are doing well!
Oh my gosh - a new house! That is so exciting and so much work. Thanks for the comment on my blog! I miss you. I actually thought of you just yesterday because I saw someone drive past me in a car and I did a double take because I could have sworn it was you. Were you driving in Layton on Monday?
I'd love to be added to your exclusive list of privileged blog readers if I may! my email is: natdurb@yahoo.com.
Great to hear from you. Your kids are adorable.
Post a Comment