Sunday, November 23, 2008

Home

Since both Blaine and I have to work over Thanksgiving, I thought it would be fun to go to St. George this weekend to see our families. Blaine was not able to get off of work so, I took all of the kids and headed down myself. It was not nearly as crazy as I had imagined. The older boys helped with the younger two and it all worked out very nicely. Friday we spent the day in St. George with Blaine's family. I hung out with my mother-in-law all day and we went shopping and on a picnic for lunch with the kids. In the evening, we went out to dinner at Olive Garden with all of his family that lives in St. George. I was so excited because we got to Kelly. We had not seen her since April and she had never met Kayla. She works at Olive Garden so we got to spend a little time with her while she was working. She was pretty excited to see Kayla and was enjoying showing her off to all of her work friends. I was glad that we got to see her even if it was just for a short time.
Saturday we spent the day in Parowan with my parents and niece. We decided to go up the Brianhead, even though it was not open, just so the kids could play in the snow. The snow was really ice but, the kids had a blast anyway. Cayden and Lexie found ice balls and were kicking them around. Cayden found a friend and they tried to build a snowman, it was kinda difficult with ice and after several failed attempts the decided to slid down the hill on their bottoms. Jared was not really happy for me to get his picture, note the bright smiling face. He was sad that the tubing hill was not open and that there was not enough snow to go tubing.
Josh was bored most of the time. Mainly because he could not throw snowballs at his brothers. the ice balls were too hard and it would hurt anybody who got hit with them.

Kayla was just happy to be. She hung out in her carseat. Note the very cute blanket she got from my parents. My sister-in-law made it. I love how soft it is and she loves to chew on it.


Here is my angel sleeping. We were cleaning the cabin on Sunday so we could head home. She thought we took too long so, she fell asleep on the floor waiting for us to finish. She was sleeping in her new cute blanket! I did try to get pictures of the boys but my batteries in the camera were dead and so were the replacements. I was kinda bummed but, they were glad that I could not take pictures of them slacking off when they were supposed to be cleaning!



I was quite sad that I could not spend any time with my sister. We used to go out to lunch or breakfast once or twice a week when I lived there. Now I see her maybe 3-4 times a year. Her whole family was so sick. They had croup, pinkeye, sinus infections, and anything else you can imagine that would make a kid or adult miserable. I was so excited to go and see her! I guess she will have to plan a trip up here next. Maybe at Christmas time!




No comments: