Josh did not want to dress up. He thought he was too old until all of his friends were dressing up. He decided Thursday night he wanted me to go and find him a costume. Needless to say, he dressing black and did not get a costume. I did have a black cape that he could have worn but he really just wanted to scare kids that were trick or treating. He only needed enough candy to keep going through the night.
Kayla was a Denver Bronco cheerleader. I found 2 costumes in her size. This one and a ladybug. When I asked Blaine what she should be he responded with, "Do you even have to ask?" She was a cheerleader. The weather was even really nice for this costume.
Here are my kiddos just before heading out. Cayden, Kayla and I headed to the park for the trunk or treat. Jared headed to his friend's house to go trick or treating with him. Josh also headed out to find his friends and make plans for the evening. I thought they looked so cute. This was the first year the Josh and JD have been able to go out with their friends for Halloween. I am probably the most over protective mother but I am just so afraid that something is going to happen so I usually make them stay with either me or Blaine. I finally got talked into letting them grow up a bit this year and they went out with friends.
Cayden was a SWAT officer. He had so many compliments on his costume. He said,"Everyone really likes me mom!"

Thursday night Cayden had a program for preschool. It was his first little program. They sang fall and Halloween songs and each child had a part. Cayden was the only boy that memorized his part and did not need help. I was so glad that I remembered to charge the video camera for the event. All of the kids were dressed up in costumes and did such a good job. The program was just long enough, 15 minutes. Not even Kayla got bored. We went out for ice cream after the program and had some fun family time just the 6 of us.
Thursday morning, Cayden went on the monthly field trip to Arlington Hill Rehab Center. They went trick or treating to all of the residents' rooms. The kids and the residents had such a good time. It was so cute to see all of the kids going around and it was great to see the smiles on the residents faces as the kids came by. Wednesday night was the first court of honor of the scouts since we have been in Salt Lake. JD got his tenderfoot award and Josh got a merit badge for woodworking. After all of the awards, the boys made paper airplanes and had a flying contest. Even Cayden was included. it was fun to see all of the different airplanes and how serious the boys were while making them.

Cayden had to be with Dad the entire court of honor. I think he was feeling left out. So when we were asked to go up with JD while he got his award, Cayden had to come up too.

Wednesday morning was filled with Cayden's program practice, me getting 4 cavities filled(ouch!), and then lunch with a friend. i do not think I could have packed anything else into Wednesday now that I think about it.
Tuesday morning was play group at my house. My calling for church is the enrichment committee and I am in charge of playgroup. Fun. I totally forgot that I was suppose to have everyone over until someone showed up. Fortunately, I already had the paints and brushes and everyone brought their own pumpkins. We had the most kids show up for this play group. It was so much fun. Even the tiny ones were painting pumpkins for decorations. While all of the pumpkins were drying, the kids and moms headed out to play at the park and enjoy one of the few nice days that are left of the year.

That was our crazy week in a nutshell. I am sorry these posts are so long. I really hate to post without pictures and I do not always have my camera with me when I do have time to post. My sister kindly tole me today that if I posted more then every other week I might not have such long posts. Maybe she has the right idea. I will work on that!

2 comments:
Josh is growing up too fast! Tell him to stop! He is not allowed to be a teenager. I remember babysitting him when he was first born! I can't believe all of the time that has gone by. Kayla looks adorable! She is sooo cute. Well, all of the kids looked cute that were dressed up. I remember being 14 and thinking it was too old to dress up to so I understand why Josh didn't want to. Mike went up to Salt Lake this weekend to drop our friends car off to his parents house. I stayed home because I didn't want to cart the dogs around. It is so much work! It is like having baby twins!
Super funny, cuteness! How awesome that you are over PLAYGROUP! How fun. It is great to read up on your family.
Post a Comment