Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Forever.....

It has been so long since I last posted. I had to do a double take on the date. It was Kayla's second birthday and I blogged about Cayden. What kind of mother am I??? Well, we have had a very busy time at the Murdock house, here is a brief summary of our comings and goings, I will upload pictures later.

Blaine-finally got a job where he was home all of the time, making barely over minimum wage. he had a 95 minute commute to work each way but it was for a large company and we thought that he would advance quickly. Well, come to find out that those above him that he was in line to take their positions were making only 1-2 dollars more an hour then he was. He got a call from his old employer in Salt Lake, that made him a really sweet offer and he gobbled it up. He is now working for Action Couriers again and will be the terminal manger for them. Right now he is assisting to open the terminal and driving for them until they get the terminal up and running.

Emily- still working at St. Joseph's hospital in phoenix, my commute is 75 minutes each way, I am working in a neuro rehab unit that is not very appealing to me. I work with confused, brain injured, stroke, and spinal cord patients and many of them are combative. Needless to say, any of you that know me, this is not a good fit for my personality. I am trying to move to another area but there is a nursing surplus here and for every job open there are a minimum of 75 applicants. I started going back to school for my bachelors degree, a task that I had planned on completing prior to getting remarried and never did. I have 5 more terms left, that puts me at graduating around the beginning of 2012. That is if I can continue to be a full-time student. I can not wait!!! I am loving being a mother, I just do not love that as my children get older, they think that I am less knowledgeable. I know, payback stinks!

Josh-he started his sophomore year at Queen Creek High School. He is loving the school so much more then the last one. He had a larger selection of classes to take and they have a real football team. He decided that he did not want to try out for football this year. He really wants to drive and earn money to go out dates. He talked to the custodian of the high school, and they said he could work there after school and after functions like dances. He was very excited. he has known that he will not be able to get his licence until he has a 3.0 GPA, well it is not near that. He keeps asking if he can take the permit test and I have not caved in yet. I am thinking that I will stick to this one. It is going to be $998/6months for his car insurance with bad grades!!!! He gets a $100 discount for good grades and drivers training. I need the discount with that price!!! He turns 16 on the 21st of this month.

Jared-turned 13 this June!!! He is officially a teenager, and mentions it frequently. He started eighth grade at Newel Barney Junior High. He is liking most of the classes and teachers this year. He has an issue with being bored so he goes to the nurse on a daily basis. I have now limited the nurse visits to bleeding, broken bone, or high fever. He has not been to the nurse in 1 1/2 weeks! I am so proud of him. He is going to try out for basketball this term. I think he will do OK, it will depend on how good the others are if he makes the team or not. He is doing very well with his grades A's and B's. He does have one C, in math. He did not think that he should have to show his work because "I got the right answer, why does she need to see how I got it?" After a meeting with the principal and myself, he is now showing his work. He is constantly testing the limits, but I think it is because he is so creative and wants to be able to bend everything every way. He is making more friends, so I am not as worried about him.

Cayden-started the first grade this year. He was so excited because his teacher told him that first grade was more fun then kindergarten. After the first day he said, "Mom, first grade is not more fun, you have lots of work in first grade!" He is getting all A's and has gotten 100% on every spelling test. He is reading above grade level at home and at grade level at school. He did not want to take the reading test for the teacher, so he didn't. She figured that he could read some so put him in the grade level group. He is so stubborn! He is growing so fast and is constantly asking what words mean and what things say if he can not sound them out quickly. He is like a sponge, he wants to learn everything right now. I love it!

Kayla-turned 2, she is finally on the weight charts!! She is at 7% for weight and 40% for height and 60% for head. She is so independent and wants to do everything herself. She loves babies, barbies, purses, shoes, and jewelry. She is such a girl, I am loving having a little girl! We do fun hairstyles, dress up, put on "whips" (lip gloss) and "whoshon" (lotion). She is in love with Dora and will watch it all day everyday if she is allowed. I have 60 Dora episodes on TiVo, who know there where that many to see. She watches them over and over again. I can pretty much quote any episode with minimal prompting. She is so loving and loves to give hugs and kisses. She is slightly spoiled by all of the above family members. Oh well.

I will upload some photos when I get a chance, hopefully within the next week. Blaine is coming home for the weekend and gets in tomorrow, so it may not be until sometime next week!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I love hearing about your family! Does this mean you'll move back here, or no? Love ya!

emurdock said...

Yes we are moving back!