As this year is quickly approaching an end, I am reflecting back on the bests of this year.
1. We moved away from the snow and cold to warm and sunny Queen Creek, AZ. For those who are not sure of where this is, it is in the greater Phoenix area in southern Arizona. I am so excited to not be shoveling snow off my driveway anymore. I love that I was able to wear short sleeves for Thanksgiving. Most of all I love that I am close to most of my family here.
2. Blaine made his dream of being a business owner, come true. December 1, 2009 was the first day of business for Murdock Logistics. he started with 2 semi trucks with 53 foot trailers and 2 truck drivers and has them running freight all over the country. He was able to do this with an investor to fund the operation and because he was laid off. I am sure the Lord was watching out for us when this happened. If he was working, he would have never done this venture.
3. Joshua started high school. Although not on my top ten list (I really am starting to feel old now), it is on Josh's. He was so excited to start high school and meet new friends. Mainly he wanted to play high school football. His dream came true when he made the JV team at his high school. This is only the second year his school has been open and they did not have sports last year due to the lack of students. Josh was playing the starting defensive line and helped his team achieve the first victory for the school's football team. His father also made a trip out to watch him play this year which was one of Josh's highlights.
4. Jared started junior high. Again this thing where my kids are growing up is making me feel really old. Jared was so excited to be in junior high. He was on the football team also. His school did a flag football team and they played all over the valley. Jared loved being part of the team even though he did not play that much. He tried hard and his father was able to make it to his last game of the season. This was a huge deal for Jared, and the coach even let him play a bit more during that game.
5. Cayden started full day kindergarten. He did not get to finish preschool because we moved in March, so I was concerned that he was not up to the level he needed to be for kindergarten, but he surprised us and has done so well. He was one of the first 5 people in his class to get into the 100 club. That is where you can count to and write to 100. They had a small ceremony at the end of the semester for all of the kids that were in the 100 club. Blaine was able to go and see Cayden get his award. Cayden has made so many friends and loves his teacher. I am so thankful that he was able to attend this school!
6. Kayla turned 1. Our little princess has gotten so big! She is finally in the 5th percentile for weight (up from the 1st percentile at 9 months)! She is finally wearing 18 month clothes at 19 months. She finally has hair that can be put into 2 ponytails and stay for more then a few minutes without tons of mouse and hairspray! My baby girl is growing up. We thought she had outgrown her milk allergy, but she started having symptoms again so she is now on soy. she seems to be doing well with that and I am so thankful she does not have to be on something hypoallergenic!
7. My mom and I are finally building a relationship. After my whole life of being envious of others who could tell their moms everything and wanted their moms to be the first to know special secrets, I am starting to have that same relationship with my mom. I took an awful situation to make it happen, but we are making lemonade out of lemons and building our relationship.
8. We the first Whittle Thanksgiving get together. This included my uncle Mike and his whole family and all but one of my brothers and all of our families. There were 31 people there. WOW!!! It is the first time that we have ever gotten together since the kids left home. There were 3 grand kids that had to go to another parents house for that holiday and my dad who was not able to attend, were there in spirit. Since I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters and my uncle has 2 children and all but one sister has children of their own, that was lot of Whittle family members in one place.
9. I have been able to reconnect with many lost friends through facebook. I was so excited when I was able to find people that I had lost touch with on facebook and write short notes to catch up or just view photos of their families. What an amazing thing the Internet is. I also have been able to reconnect with my grandmary via email!
10. My husband and I celebrated our 8th anniversary this year. I am married to such an amazing man. He is so wonderful to me and puts up with all of my grouchiness and orneriness. He has been such a rock during our struggles this past year and I never could thank him enough for all that he does! He has become Mr. MOM while he has been building his business, and even though I give him a hard time, he has done a wonderful job of coordinating the kids' schedules and making sure things get done at home. He has even become quite the cook!
There are many things that did not make the top ten list but these were the highlights. There were also many sad and trying times that we have struggled through, but overall we have had a wonderful year and have grown so close. Trials bring us strength! Thank you to all who have kept us in your thoughts and prayers.
Mindy McKnight’s Affiliate / Coupon Codes
3 weeks ago
3 comments:
Thank you for sharing your year... and I'm so happy that everything is working out with Blaine's work. What a blessing!
I love your list. So reflective nd so full of gratefulness. I am glad that things are looking up for you guys. Hope you have a fantastic new year! Give those BIG boys a hug from us and smooch that baby girl too!
I love your list. I must admit that I have to copy the idea. It is great that you have found happiness Emily. You deserve it. I hope that 2010 brings lots of good luck and happiness.
Post a Comment