Well, Blaine got home pretty early on Christmas morning. In fact he got home before the kids woke up! I was really shocked. I think the boys were really tired. They went to bed at 9:30 without fighting about it and then they slept in until 8:30am. I never remember that happening in my entire life. It was really nice to be able to sleep in on Christmas instead of taking a nap after the presents were opened.
Here is Blaine holding up one of his gifts. He has always talked about getting a John Elway jersey, so when I found one I bought it without thinking twice (not to mention it was on sale).He also got a snow blower and a lift ticket to Brianhead.
This is Kayla and I. We kinda took it slow, she was slow eating and I was patiently waiting for her to finish. She had so much fun eating the wrapping paper. She did occasionally try to eat one of the boxes that her presents came in. She got a doll, a stroller/walker to push when she is able to walk, and a few teething toys. I got a few small things like new gloves, a bracelet, and a couple of rings from the boys, and the cutest shoes from Kayla. Blaine got me a spa day. I am so lucky!
Josh got a few X box 360 games, a helmet, and an LT jersey. He was so excited to get the jersey that he put it on right away. He has continued to wear it as soon as it get clean. He does his own laundry, so if this is what it takes to get him to get his laundry done more than once every 3 weeks, I am willing to do it.
Jared was thrilled to get a guitar, a learning DVD, an Xbox 360 game, and a remote control helicopter. He could not wait to try out everything. He kept forgetting that he needed to open the rest of his gifts.
My sweet little Cayden, I think he was overwhelmed with everything. He really wanted a monster truck. When he opened it as one of the first gifts, he really was finished. He thought we should be done with Christmas and just play with the toys. He is just so cute, I really wish he would just stay this way!
While we were inside warm and excited, there was a blizzard going on outside. Right after we were done opening gifts our electricity went out. We were supposed to have the Christmas breakfast at our house. I was really worried that we would not be able to cook or keep warm. I called Tammy and arranged for breakfast to be at her house instead. She was more than happy to have it there. By the time we got to her house, it was the perfect time for Brunch! She did not have any snow out there, the wind was blowing hard though. We had such a great time just playing the Wii, and spending time together. Blaine had to work again that night so he took a little nap while the rest of us played. Who know you could get sore from playing a video game! I could not believe how my arms hurt the next day!
We got home around 5:30 and Blaine got ready for work. Unfortunately, there was 24 inches of snow in our yard. this is Jared going out to the shed to get the dog some food. The snow is to his thigh, about and inch past his knees. I was getting worried about Blaine driving in this weather. We said a family prayer before we went to bed just for extra protection. I talked to him several times through out the night just to make sure all was ok. the storm was terrible the entire way up to Bosie and back. He did not get home until 11:30 and then had to go back out at 3. I was so mad that his boss did not do something to make him safe! He ended up calling them and telling them he would not be driving at 3 as scheduled. He would pick up the things that need to be picked up but then he would not drive them to Idaho until the next day after he had some sleep. His boss was more than agreeable with that. I was so thankful. I do not know what I would do if something happened because of lack of sleep! He got plenty of sleep before he had to drive again. We were able to get down to St. George for the New Year. We surprised Blaine's mom. I was so glad that we were able to get down and surprise her. Everyone was able to keep the secret. for Blaine's family that was really hard to do. they talk to each other so frequently that I was sure someone would let something slip but accident. We spent time at my parents' cabin in Parowan too. We stayed in Parowan with my sister and her kids for 4 days. I was so excited to see my sister. We used to spend hours every week together, this move has been hard on both of us.
Here are Natalie and Kayla. Natalie is 10 1/2 moths and Kayla is 7 months. They were so cute taking each other's toys and squealing at each other. Well, it was mainly Natalie taking the toys and Kayla squealing, it was still fun to watch them. I think they will be good buds when they get older.
On New Years Eve we went down to St. George and spent the day with Blaine's family. Blaine and the boys went hiking with Kevin, Aubrey and Trey for the day. I shopped at Costco and picked up some stuff for the cabin. Later we went to Blaine's mom's house for the party. It was great. All of the kids were able to make it for the party. Steve and Ann did not get there until 10pm but all were there before midnight! Here are the kids lined up for their presents from grandma Maggie.
Kayla just laying around.
After the gifts, we started the party. We ate lots of food and played games until it was time to ring in the New Year. Here are the kids playing Are You Smarter Then a Fifth Grader?
I was playing UNO flash with the adults. That was such a fun game. You have to constantly pay attention to the flasher cuz you never know when it is going to be your turn. Super fun!
Grandma Maggie holding Kayla. She has not seen her since the blessing in September. Grandma was really excited to be able to spend time with her.
More UNO flash. Really the game is pretty addicting.
Grandma with Kayla and Corbin, her two youngest grandchildren.
Corbin showing Jenna and Cayden how to play the game. They were having so much fun, they stayed playing the game for at least 30 minutes.
The rest of the time we spent in Parowan with my family. Here are the kids eating ice cream with whipping cream. We had sundaes for dessert so the kids wanted whipping cream on their cones. After they were done, Grandpa Whittle put the whipping cream right in their mouths. they thought that was so cool. they kept getting back in line to have him do it again and again.
Here is Kayla and Natalie again. I think this shows the size difference between the two. Natalie is so cute and chubby. Kayla is petite and looks like a little doll.
Here are Natalie and Kayla. Natalie is 10 1/2 moths and Kayla is 7 months. They were so cute taking each other's toys and squealing at each other. Well, it was mainly Natalie taking the toys and Kayla squealing, it was still fun to watch them. I think they will be good buds when they get older.
On New Years Eve we went down to St. George and spent the day with Blaine's family. Blaine and the boys went hiking with Kevin, Aubrey and Trey for the day. I shopped at Costco and picked up some stuff for the cabin. Later we went to Blaine's mom's house for the party. It was great. All of the kids were able to make it for the party. Steve and Ann did not get there until 10pm but all were there before midnight! Here are the kids lined up for their presents from grandma Maggie.
Kayla just laying around.
After the gifts, we started the party. We ate lots of food and played games until it was time to ring in the New Year. Here are the kids playing Are You Smarter Then a Fifth Grader?
I was playing UNO flash with the adults. That was such a fun game. You have to constantly pay attention to the flasher cuz you never know when it is going to be your turn. Super fun!
Grandma Maggie holding Kayla. She has not seen her since the blessing in September. Grandma was really excited to be able to spend time with her.
More UNO flash. Really the game is pretty addicting.
Grandma with Kayla and Corbin, her two youngest grandchildren.
Corbin showing Jenna and Cayden how to play the game. They were having so much fun, they stayed playing the game for at least 30 minutes.
The rest of the time we spent in Parowan with my family. Here are the kids eating ice cream with whipping cream. We had sundaes for dessert so the kids wanted whipping cream on their cones. After they were done, Grandpa Whittle put the whipping cream right in their mouths. they thought that was so cool. they kept getting back in line to have him do it again and again.
Here is Kayla and Natalie again. I think this shows the size difference between the two. Natalie is so cute and chubby. Kayla is petite and looks like a little doll. After all of the fun we had to head home. We left late at night thinking that the kids would sleep the whole way home. WRONG!!! they stayed awake the entire time. Even Kayla only took a 45 minute nap. We got home at 2 am. It was really good that everyone slept in until 9 so we (I) could sleep. Blaine had to work again so we let him sleep until 2pm.
It was such a great week, I would not have traded it for the world. I had such a great time with both of our extended families.


1 comment:
Emily! I'm so happy to "see" you and so glad we found each other. I love to see you so happy. =) What a wonderful family you have. I hope I get to meet them soon =) I really need to get a new ID picture - This is me holding Kierste the day she came home from the NICU.
Post a Comment